A lot of people are apprehensive when they hear the word anorexia. It is understandable because this eating disorder has caused a lot of health problems.
The Secret Anorexic Diet does not help you become anorexic by asking you to starve yourself to get the body you want. Instead, the diet plan gives women who want to lose weight fast tips, to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle while at the same time losing excess weight.
This helps promote the consumption of healthy food that nourishes the body but also increases the metabolic rate so you can burn fat faster.
Here are 5 anorexic tips that are proven to work:
1. Eat a hearty breakfast. This most important meal of the day sets your metabolic rate or your body’s ability to burn fat. Skipping it would mean you are slowing down your metabolism rate.
2. Exercise regularly. A lot of people hate to do exercises because they think that exercising meant going to the gym everyday. This is where a lot of people are wrong. There are a lot of forms of exercises where you do not need to go to the gym to sweat it out. Walking, biking, swimming or dancing are great exercises that can help you burn fat.
3. Drink lots of water. Water gives you that feeling that you are full so you do not eat too much. Plus, water also helps in the body’s detoxification process.
4. Load up on fruits. Did you know that fruits provide you with natural sugar for that much needed sugar boost but for lesser calories? Candy, cakes and cookies are sources of sugar that contribute to your bulges so stay away from them.
5. Stay focused. Diet plans work when the people following them are focused on the goal to lose weight. If you want the Anorexic Diet to work, you have to stay focused on your goal.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, 1% of women – adolescent girls included, suffer from Anorexia Nervosa. A mental illness characterized by an eating aversion together with the paranoia to gain weight.
It is not only the females that suffer from Anorexia; a few men are also affected by this. Experts recommend early diagnosis as well as treatment to ensure that the odds of recovery are improved by a significant percentage. Knowing Anorexia facts will definitely help you recognize the signs and symptoms incase someone close to you is involved.
The facts include:
- Anorexia rarely appears in Asian or black females as opposed to Hispanic and Caucasian females.
- Excessive exercise along with dieting are considered pathways to anorexic condition since they can lead to extreme loss of weight.
- The condition is more common on females with ages ranging from 15-23 years old, although in recent time more and more younger audience is developing.
- Research shows that 10-15% of Anorexia Nervosa victims will die of related complications.
- On average, an estimated 1% of females both in their teens and twenties develop this mental condition.
- Peer influence together with the ever-growing emphasis on the runway lifestyle’ done by today’s models plays a big part in Anorexia development.
- Anorexic people normally have a slower/ abnormal heart rate, lower blood pressure, electrolyte imbalances, as well as low body temperature.
- At times anorexics have soft-downy hair all over their body due to lack of minerals and most importantly vitamins absent in the diet.
- A patient suffering from Anorexia weigh at least 15% less of their normal body weight.
- Women with this condition either lack, or have irregular menstrual flow.
- Since Anorexia Nervosa is common in women, Anorexic men are often misdiagnosed.
- People with the disease always eat less even though they would wish for more; this is because of the fear of getting fat.
- An Anorexic’s tooth enamel is usually eroded and suffer increased rate of cavity formation.
- At times the patient will experience kidney infections, then later on kidney failure.
- Research shows that there are possibilities that Anorexia may be genetic. The studies theorize that there is a genetic component in human that would make man or woman inherit this condition from a parent.
- After a small portion of food, an anorexic will often feel full because his/her stomach has extremely shrunk.
- Recent studies show that about 50% of people living with Anorexia Nervosa will with time suffer from other tricky complications such as osteoporosis (bone thinning).
- A person with Anorexia suffers isolation because she/ he will shield from social life because of the fear of eating which is mostly done during social gatherings.
- Due to their low body weight, the patients will regularly have intolerance to cold weather.
- When there is severe Anorexia condition, hospitalization is the best option.
- Studies show that 4 out of every 10 anorexics make full recovery when they receive proper medical treatment along with support from family and friends.
As more and more people unknowingly suffer from Anorexia Nervosa, caution is imperative. Know the facts, signs and symptoms to help you, or a person you know, avoid the deadly complications that come with Nervosa’.